Don Fink Community Park is named after Don Fink, a well known and admired local resident of Seymour Arm, who was tragically killed in a 1997 train derailment. This community park is a great choice for family or group gatherings. With a ball field, swing set, playground equipment, horseshoe pitch and volleyball area, the recreational opportunities are abundant. There is also a picnic area, toilets, garbage receptacles and recycling bins for convenience.
Don Fink Community Recreation Park is on land owned by the Province and operated by the CSRD by agreement.
Update October 2020: Upgrades to Don Fink Community Park are nearly complete and the park is open for public use.
June 8, 2020: CSRD Improvements to Don Fink Park
CSRD will be going out to tender to complete improvements at Don Fink Park. Works are planned to be completed by November 2020.
Park Improvements include the following:
- playground net climber
- nature play playground features
- playground spinner bowl and spring play features
- playground fall zone and materials
- removal of existing pit toilets(2)and replaced with new pit toilet (1)
- wood rail fencing with access gates and removal of concrete jersey barricades
- landscaping and tree planting.
Below are some concept plans for the park and designs for the proposed play equipment.