Current Emergency Activations & Updates
There are no current Emergency Activations underway at this time.
For information from the Summer 2021 fire situation, scroll down.
In an emergency you want to be in the know.
The best ways to keep track of reliable, up-to-date information on emergencies is to:
- Check the Columbia Shuswap Regional District website home page (www.csrd.bc.ca) or the Shuswap Emergency Program page (www.shuswapemergency.ca).
- Sign up for the Alertable notification system
- Follow the Shuswap Emergency Program on Facebook or Twitter
- Follow the CSRD on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Follow local media sources
- Share this information with your family, friends and neighbours. Check in on people who may not be connected to Internet sources.
Emergency Information for Revelstoke and Electoral Area B and the Town of Golden and Electoral Area A is managed by those communities.
We have broken down fire information in the Shuswap Emergency Program region by each fire.
We have also created a tab that includes our fire situation updates. These wrap-ups provide a quick summary of the best information on all fires of note.
These wrap-ups provide a quick summary of the best information we have on all fires of note at that time.
We understand that you could be anxious to return home after an being on evacuation.
We suggest that you take some time to look at these resources below to help you through the process of re-entering your home.
- Re-entering your home after a wildfire
- Red Cross - Home Fires
- Wildfire recovery programs – individual, family, business, agriculture, First Nations
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Coping with a natural disaster
- Food safety after a fire
- Fire retardants in source water
- Current public water notifications
- Assessing sewage disposal systems for damage and repair
- BC Centre for Disease Control – wildfire smoke and its health impacts
In addition, IH has a recent news release that covers some related elements.