Helpful Links

Building & Septic

Helpful Links  
Archaeology - Information for Property Owners and Developers Link
Architectural Institute of BC - Architect's Directory Link
Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC) Link
ASTTBC Building Designers (ASTTBC-BD)  Link
ASTTBC Property Inspectors (ASTTBC-PI) Link
BC Building Code  Link
BC Wildfire Service​ - FireSmart Link
BC One Call - Call Before you Dig Link
BC Housing - Licensing & Consumer Services Link
BC - Site Remediation Link
Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) Link

Interior Health Authority (IHA) Health Protection Offices

  • Information on Onsite Sewerage Systems



Onsite Wastewater Registration Program (Septic)

  • WCOWMA Onsite Wastewater Management Association of BC
  • The Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC)




Find a Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioner (ROWP)

  • WCOWMA Onsite Wastewater Management Association of BC
  • The Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC)




Site Disclosure Statements Link
Technical Safety BC (Electrical and Gas) 
  • Homeowner
  • Contractor 
  • Find a Contractor



Wood Energy Technology Transfer Inc. (WETT Inc.) 

Find a WETT-certified professional to inspect your wood-burning appliance or fireplace​


Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoT)

REMINDER: If you are building a structure or opening a business, including a home occupation, near a road, you require a permit from MoT.

Helpful Links  
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Contacts Link
Highway Access Permits                                                                 Link
Permits for Works on Right-of-Way Link
Special Events Permits Link
Structures Permits Link
Rural Subdivision Approvals Link

Agricultural Land Commission

Helpful Links  
Agricultural Land Commission (ALC)                                                        Link
Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) - Application Process Link
ALR Maps of the CSRD Link


Helpful Links  
Historical Hydrometric Data (Environment Canada) Link

Livestock, Drinking Water and Fish
(From the BC Cattlemen's Association through FRISP: Farmland-Riparian Interface Stewardship Program)

Private Moorage Provincial Guidelines Link
Hydrogeologist Contact List Download
Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) Contact List Download
Riparian Areas Protection Regulation (RAPR) Link
RAR Brochure Download
BC Association of Professional Biology Link
Vancouver Island University (Listing of RAR training program courses participants) Link
Shuswap Lake Watch (lake elevations) Link
Working near Water - DFO Guidelines (Fisheries and Oceans Canada) Link
Working near Water - Regional Timing Windows - Ministry of Environment Link

Groundwater Well Search

  • You can contact the province through FrontCounter BC to see if your well has already been registered (1-877-855-3222).

Domestic Well Registration Form

  • If your well is not registered, it is recommended you register your well. You can complete the Well Registration Form and submit it to




Groundwater Licenses

  • Under the new provincial Water Sustainability Act, non-domestic users of groundwater in B.C. are required to hold water licenses to authorize their ongoing use. Getting a groundwater license is not the same as registering your well; however, if your well is not registered, it will be completed by the Province as part of the groundwater license process. Groundwater is generally defined as water coming from a well, or other structure that may intercept an aquifer, like a dugout. 

Flooding & Geotechnical

Helpful Links  
Geotechnical and Hydrotechnical Engineer Contact List Download
Floodplain Mapping Link
Flood Hazard Area Land Use Management Guidelines Link
Professional Practice Guidelines - Legislated Flood Assessments in BC Link
Guidance For Selection of Qualified Professionals and Preparation of Flood Hazard Assessment Reports Link
Flood Hazard Land Use Management Link


Helpful Links  
Government of British Columbia Link
Service BC - Government Agents Link
FrontCounter BC Link
Service Canada Link
Local Government Act Link
Local and Provincial Contacts List Download


Helpful Links  
Online Mapping and Property Information  Link
Where to go for Legal Plans or Titles in or Near the CSRD Download
Information about Residential Tenancies in B.C.  Link
Contact Us