Two of the functions of the Development Services Department are Current and Long Range Planning.
The Current Planning Department is primarily focused on the management of present or pending development in the regional district. In this capacity, the Current Planning team performs a number of responsibilities, including the ones listed below:
- Agricultural Land Reserve Applications
- Board of Variance Applications
- Development Permits
- Development Variance Permits
- Dock & Buoy Development Permits
- Floodplain Exemptions
- Official Community Plan (OCP) Amendment Applications
- Rezoning Applications
- Subdivision Applications
- Temporary Use Permits
- Day-to-day inquiries from the general public.
The long-range planning team is works to create and update Official Community Plans and Zoning and Land Use Bylaws for communities of the CSRD. These bylaws are aimed at creating guidelines and regulations for future land-use development.