White Rock Lake Fire
- A 350-hectare planned ignition operation on Aug 24, successfully brought the fires edge down to workable ground along the northeastern flank, which is the area of the fire affecting Falkland.
- The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is reporting that today’s winds were again not favourable for the 3,000-hectare larger-scale ignition operation planned in this area. If site conditions become favourable, additional information will be provided to the public prior to this planned ignition.
- Increased fire behaviour continued along the northern ridge of Six Mile Creek where terrain is inoperable for ground crews.
- Fire crews are making good progress on mop-up and patrol activities along the south, west and northern flanks of the fire.
- Evacuation orders for Pinaus Lake and Evacuation Alerts for Falkland, Yankee Flats and Cedar Hill remain in effect.
Due to the improved fire situation and reduced risk to any CSRD residents, this report will no longer include daily updates on the Shuswap Complex fires (Two Mile, Crazy Creek Gorge FSR, Momich, Hunakwa and Three Valley Lake) unless the situation changes significantly. Information will still be available through the BC Wildfire Service public information at www.bcwildfire.ca