A fire on the East Fork Scotch Creek Road which started on August 17 is now classified by BC Wildfire Service as under control.
A fire start on Copper Island in Electoral Area C is still being monitored.
White Rock Lake (81,139 hectares)
- As a result of current weather conditions, fire activity remained low throughout the fire perimeter. Suppression efforts continue on all flanks of the fire.
- The Cedar Hill area was downgraded from Evacuation Order to Evacuation Alert as of 9 AM. Evacuation orders remain in place for Pinaus Lake. All other Evacuation Alert areas, including Falkland, Glenemma and Yankee Flats remain on Alert.
- Today, in the area south of Glenemma, heavy equipment continues guard construction at Irish Creek, working westward, and from Cedar Creek working eastward. Firefighters are also working in the wildland urban interface mopping up and extinguishing hot spots.
- This fire remains the blaze with the most resources in the province, including 263 wildland firefighters, 143 structure protection personnel (20 remained on-site through the night), 16 helicopters, 17 danger tree assessors/fallers and 57 pieces of heavy equipment.
Shuswap Complex fires (Two Mile, Hunakwa, Momich, Crazy Creek Gorge FSR and Three Valley Lake)
Aerial operations on all fires have been challenged by both thick smoke and dense morning fog. This has reduced the ability of planes and helicopters to work on all these fires.
Two Mile Fire
- Yesterday, crews reassessed the containment lines for the community of Swansea Point and focused on strengthening those lines.
- On the northern flank of the fire, crews began tightlining operations. This is where crews and heavy equipment work very close to the edge of the fire to extend containment lines wherever possible.
- This fire area received 35-mm of precipitation from August 16 to 17. This has greatly reduced fire activity.
Hunakwa Lake Fire
- There was no change in size on this fire yesterday.
- Patrols continue in the northwest corner of the fire to ensure there are no hot spots.
- The Momich Lake fire has not advanced towards the community of Seymour Arm.
Crazy Creek Gorge FSR
- The fire perimeters are contained in the areas nearest the communities of Pete Martin Bay and Queest Village.
- On the east flank, work on building fire guard continues to tie into existing containment lines.
- Crews are checking for hots spots in anticipation of some demobilization efforts.
Three Valley Lake Fire
- There were no concerns from BCWS on this fire yesterday and this morning.