Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, the Evacuation Order issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) through the Shuswap Emergency Program on July 11, 2021 is hereby RESCINDED effective Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 10:00 Hours. All properties in the rescind area revert to Evacuation Alert status and property owners must remain ready to leave again on short notice if the fire situation changes. The area now downgraded to Evacuation Alert status is as follows:
- K3 Cat Skiing Lodge (One Kilometre area around 51 degrees 03.08 by 118 degrees 44.44)
See attached map for details.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN RETURNING HOME AFTER AN EVACUATION:
- Pay attention to any directions given by local authorities
- Pack some supplies, like bottled water, flashlight, garbage bags, closed toed-shoes, a first-aid kit, gloves
- Walk the perimeter. Take note of any out-of-place wiring, gas smells or loose debris. If you notice downed power lines or a gas small contact BC Hydro or Fortis before entering your house.
- Enter your house carefully and check the main power breaker
- When in doubt, throw it out. Food and drinks may need to be tossed when you return home, especially due to the frequent power outages in the area.
- Photograph any damage. This can help with home insurance claims.
- Contact your insurance broker regarding damage or additional expenses that may be covered.
Regularly monitor the CSRD website, www.csrd.bc.ca, the Shuswap Emergency Program’s (SEP) webpage at www.shuswapemergency.ca, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms. Or sign up for Alertable, our new emergency mass notification system, at https://www.csrd.bc.ca/alertable
For further information, contact the Shuswap Emergency Program at 250.833.3350.