Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Two Mile Fire
- The fire is very visible on the mountain at night. Most of the visible fire is within the existing guards.
- Crews and industry continue to build and reinforce guards along the fire’s edge.
- It is important for the public to follow the directions of flaggers and signage on Highway 97A. There is no stopping permitted along the hazard area.
- The Sicamous and Swansea Point Fire Departments want to thank the public for the support and recognition being offered to firefighters. It is greatly appreciated.
Hunakwa Lake Fire
- Crews have been capitalizing on moderate fire behaviour in the last few days to reinforce the fire perimeter.
- Progress on the west and north sides of the fire, means structure protection is no longer required. Demobilizations of the structure protection systems on the east shore of Seymour Arm is planned for today.
- Fire behaviour is expected to pick up in the next few days with warmer temperatures and lower humidity.
- The existing Evacuation Alert remains in place. Residents are asked to continue to be prepared to leave the community on short notice.
Crazy Creek Gorge FSR Fire
- There has been no significant change to the fire since August 8.
- A small hand-ignition operation took place on August 7 on the north end to reinforce the guards and limit the spread of the fire towards the communities of Pete Martin Bay and Queest.
- Helicopters were able to work yesterday, August 9, to support the fire suppression efforts.
- Planning is also underway for a possible machine-made contingency guard, further south from the fire that would help limit the growth southwards down the Anstey Arm, if required.
- The Craigellachie Anstey-Gorge Forest Service Road is closed from 12 km to 65 km. Evacuation Orders remain in effect.
Three Valley Lake Fire
- Helicopters will continue to bucket if required to limit the growth in this area and minimize potential impact to Highway 1.
- Much of this fire is burning is steep and unworkable ground that is unsafe for firefighters to work on the ground.
- The Evacuation Order issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District, for the property on the northwest corner of the lake has been downgraded to an Evacuation Alert.