Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) at the Shuswap Emergency Program’s Emergency Operations Centre due to an immediate danger to life safety caused by a wildfire burning near White Rock Lake.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following 10 addressed properties:
- 6547 SIX MILE CREEK RD
- 6655 SIX MILE CREEK RD
- 6721 SIX MILE CREEK RD
- 6724 SIX MILE CREEK RD
- 6728 SIX MILE CREEK RD
- 6774 SIX MILE CREEK RD
- 6805 SIX MILE CREEK RD
- 6826 SIX MILE CREEK RD
- 6878 SIX MILE CREEK RD
- 6899 SIX MILE CREEK RD
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
See attached map for details.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- There are limited commercial lodgings available at this time. Make arrangements to stay overnight with family or friends outside of the Evacuation Order area. Then, register in-person at the Emergency Reception Centre at the Prestige Harbourfront Resort, located at 251 Harbourfront Drive, Salmon Arm beginning at 8 AM on Saturday, August 7, 2021.
- Residents can assist the registration process by self-registering with Emergency Support Services online through this link: https://ess.gov.bc.ca/ You can also search this on Google using the term BC Evacuation Registration and Assistance. When registering, please indicate your community as Falkland.
- The evacuation route is to travel south on Six Mile Creek Road to the Chase-Falkland Road towards Falkland. From Falkland, take Highway 97 east to leave the Evacuation Order area.
- If you need assistance with transportation from the area, call 250.833.3350.
- Gather your family. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys and grab-and-go bag) only if they are immediately available.
- Do not use more vehicles than needed. If time permits, check with neighbours and assist those with special needs.
- Close and lock all windows and doors. Shut off gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Regularly monitor the CSRD website, www.csrd.bc.ca, the Shuswap Emergency Program’s (SEP) webpage at www.shuswapemergency.ca, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms or local news sources for up-to-date and accurate information. Or sign up for Alertable, our new emergency mass notification system, at https://www.csrd.bc.ca/alertable
- For update on wildfire information, see the BC Wildfire Service at: www.bcwildfire.ca
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre