Thursday, August 5, 2021
Please note: we will be updating the White Rock Lake fire, which is affecting Falkland, in a separate post.
Two Mile Fire
- The new BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) Shuswap Fire Complex Incident Management Team will be setting up in Sicamous to run operations on all fires in the area.
- As visibility improves, helicopter bucketing will increase. If you see helicopters or other aircraft on the lake, immediately leave the area. Please respect the firefighting efforts and stay clear.
- Fire is moving in a northeast direction up and away from town.
Crazy Creek Gorge FSR Fire
- The weather remains hot and dry. It is expected that fire behaviour will increase.
- There are 22 firefighters working the fire and crews will be setting up Structural Protection Units over the next several days in the area at Queest and Pete Martin Bay.
- There will be heavy equipment on the Wilson and Anstey Forest Service Roads, as crews work on building fire guards.
- Crews continue to secure northwest corner protecting structures and the community.
- A total of 38 properties were strategically identified by Structure Protection Teams and have sprinklers on them.
- The east flank continues to be a challenge as it slowly burns north into inoperable terrain.
Three Valley Lake
- Sixteen BC Wildfire Service firefighters are working towards securing the southwest corner along the Trans-Canada Highway to minimize any impacts.
- This incident is very visible from the Trans-Canada Highway and the Three Valley Gap tourist area. Motorists travelling on this highway are being asked to not slow down or stop. This could cause a traffic incident that could impact fire operations.
- Rocks dislodging from steep cliffs on the east side of Three Valley Gap are causing a safety hazard.