Please note: we will be updating the White Rock Lake fire, which is affecting Falkland, in a separate post.
Two Mile Fire
- The fire continues to burn in the direction away from the community.
- No significant growth has been observed in the past 24-hours.
- Highway 97A is being reopened to traffic this afternoon.
Crazy Creek Gorge FSR Fire
- The fire growth expanded mostly to the Northwest, away from the seasonal structures.
- Fire size is still mapped at 2,446 hectares.
- Crews including a contingent of local CSRD firefighters, will be setting up Structural Protection Units over the next several days in the area at Queest and Pete Martin Bay.
Hunakwa Lake Fire
- The fire continues to be estimated at 2,700 hectares.
- The fire is actively being fought by 22 firefighters with two helicopters, as well as structure protection efforts that include sprinklers, and local firefighters.
- Evacuation Orders and Alerts are unchanged.
Three Valley Lake
- The fire remains very slow growing
- An Evacuation Order for the Three Valley Gap Chateau has been downgraded to an Evacuation Alert.