Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an EVACUATION ORDER has been issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) at the Shuswap Emergency Program’s Emergency Operations Centre due to an immediate danger to life safety caused by a wildfire burning near White Rock Lake.
The EVACUATION ORDER is in effect for the following area:
All of the community of Falkland and the Cedar Hill area
See attached map for details.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- There are no commercial lodgings available at this time. Make arrangements to stay overnight with family or friends outside the Evacuation Order area. Then, register in-person at the Salmon Arm Reception Centre at the Prestige Harbourfront Resort, located at 251 Harbourfront Drive, Salmon Arm beginning at 8 AM on Thursday, August 5, 2021.
- If your property is your primary residence and you cannot stay with family or friends, please report to the Reception Centre at the Prestige Harbourfront Resort, located at 251 Harbourfront Drive, Salmon Arm, before midnight or after 8 AM on Thursday, August 5, 2021 to register.
- Residents can assist the registration process by self-registering with Emergency Support Services online through this link: https://ess.gov.bc.ca/ You can also search this on Google using the term BC Evacuation Registration and Assistance. When registering, please indicate your community as Falkland.
- The preferred evacuation route is by using Salmon River Road to access Salmon Arm. If you are travelling in large vehicles or with livestock, please travel using Highway 97 to Highway 97A, then head north towards Salmon Arm.
- If you need assistance with transportation from the area, call 250.833.3350.
- Gather your family. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys and grab-and-go bag) only if they are immediately available.
- Do not use more vehicles than needed. If time permits, check with neighbours and assist those with special needs.
- Close and lock all windows and doors. Shut off gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Regularly monitor the CSRD website, www.csrd.bc.ca, the Shuswap Emergency Program’s (SEP) webpage at www.shuswapemergency.ca, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms or local news sources for up-to-date and accurate information. Or sign up for Alertable, our new emergency mass notification system, at https://www.csrd.bc.ca/alertable
- For update on wildfire information, see the BC Wildfire Service at: www.bcwildfire.ca
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre