An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) at the Shuswap Emergency Program’s Emergency Operations Centre. A wildfire burning in the area of White Rock Lake near the CSRD’s Electoral Area D is growing and may pose a danger. Due to the potential danger to life, health or property, the Evacuation Alert issued on July 26, 2021 has been expanded to include the following areas:
These communities in the CSRD’’s Electoral Area D:
Glenemma, Silver Creek, Yankee Flats and Deep Creek
The following addresses also remain under Evacuation Alert:
6547-6899 Six Mile Creek Road.
Please see the attached map of the Evacuation Alert Area as part of this Alert
WHAT YOU SHOULD YOU DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT:
- All residents self-register with Emergency Support Services online through this link: https://ess.gov.bc.ca/ You can also search this on Google using the term BC Evacuation Registration and Assistance. When registering, please indicate your community as Falkland. This step provides important information in case of an evacuation.
- Locate your grab-and-go bags for you and your family. Gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers, immediate care needs for dependents. Replenish any items that have expired or need replacement, ensure you and your family members have enough clothing and incidentals for a 72-hour period and have these items readily available for quick departure. See www.preparedbc.ca for details.
- Contact family members, advise them of the situation and determine a meeting location outside of the evacuation area where you can safely reconnect should the area be evacuated.
- Accommodation in the area is limited at this time of year. Arrange to stay with family or friends, if possible, or consider finding a campsite outside the alert area.
- Take care of your pets by moving them to a safe location (including horses and hobby farm animals).
- Arrange transportation for all household members. Prepare to move any disabled persons and/or children. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Regularly monitor the CSRD website, www.csrd.bc.ca, the Shuswap Emergency Program’s (SEP) webpage at www.shuswapemergency.ca, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms or local news sources for up-to-date and accurate information. Or sign up for Alertable, our new emergency mass notification system, at https://www.csrd.bc.ca/alertable
For update on wildfire information, see the BC Wildfire Service at www.bcwildfire.ca
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre