The Evacuation Order issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District through the Shuswap Emergency Program for approximately 32 properties in the District of Sicamous due to a wildfire burning near Two Mile Road is hereby rescinded effective Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 08:00 Hours.
All homes in the rescind area revert to Evacuation Alert status and residents must remain ready to leave their homes again on short notice.
The areas now downgraded to Evacuation Alert status are as follows:
- All properties within the District of Sicamous to the south of the Trans-Canada Highway, south of Stadnicki Road and east of the Sicamous Narrows and Mara Lake.
- It includes areas east of Highway 97A south to and including the community of Swansea Point.
Please refer to attached map for details
All homes in Sicamous on Evacuation Alert status as of July 20, 2021 will remain on Alert until further notice. Residents must still be prepared to leave on short notice if the fire situation changes.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN RETURNING HOME AFTER AN EVACUATION
- Pay attention to any directions given by local authorities
- Pack some supplies, like bottled water, flashlight, garbage bags, closed toed-shoes, a first-aid kit, gloves
- Walk the perimeter. Take note of any out-of-place wiring, gas smells or loose debris. If you notice downed power lines or a gas small contact BC Hydro or Fortis before entering your house.
- Enter your house carefully and check the main power breaker
- When in doubt, throw it out. Food and drinks may need to be tossed when you return home, especially due to the frequent power outages in the area.
- Photograph any damage. This can help with home insurance claims.
- Contact your insurance broker regarding damage or additional expenses that may be covered.
- Regularly monitor the CSRD website, www.csrd.bc.ca, the Shuswap Emergency Program’s (SEP) webpage at www.shuswapemergency.ca, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms. Or sign up for Alertable, our new emergency mass notification system, at https://www.csrd.bc.ca/alertable
- For update on wildfire information, see the BC Wildfire Service at www.bcwildfire.ca
- For updates on road conditions, see DriveBC at www.drivebc.ca
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre