Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Two Mile Fire
- The Two Mile Fire has become more active over the past 24 hours and the boundaries of the fire have grown.
- This afternoon, the BC Wildfire Incident Commander reported to the Emergency Operations Centre that the fire has crossed Sicamous Creek. Fire growth has been observed primarily to the northwest.
- Exact mapping has been difficult to obtain.
- Plans are in place to construct additional fire guards.
- The Evacuation Alerts and Orders are unchanged from Monday, July 26, 2021.
- Highway 97A remains closed at this time. Check DriveBC for any updates.
- Residents on Evacuation Alert are reminded to continue to be prepared to leave on short notice, if necessary.
Hunakwa Lake Fire
- The east flank of the fire saw growth throughout the evening, however, BC Wildfire is currently unable to obtain an update in size due to smoke.
- The fire remains out of control
- All Evacuation Orders and Alerts are unchanged
- BC Wildfire Service and Structure Protection Units (SPUs) from CSRD fire departments continue to work on this fire, along with two helicopters and heavy equipment.
- Containment lines are being built and reinforced around the community as a precautionary measure.
Three Valley Gap
- The fire continues to burn out of control but is moving primarily upslope.
- SPUs remain mobilized with sprinklers in place.