In an emergency you want to be in the know. The best ways to keep track of reliable, up-to-date information on evacuation alerts or orders is to:
- Check the Columbia Shuswap Regional District website home page (www.csrd.bc.ca) or the Shuswap Emergency Program page (www.shuswapemergency.ca).
- Follow the Shuswap Emergency Program on Facebook or Twitter
- Follow the CSRD on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Follow local media sources
- Share this information with your family, friends and neighbours. Check in on people who may not be connected to Internet sources.
The Shuswap Emergency Program is advising everyone to be prepared for any possible evacuation by getting a grab-and-go bag ready. Other important preparation information can be found at www.preparedbc.ca
Emergency Information for Revelstoke and Electoral Area B and the Town of Golden and Electoral Area A is managed by those communities. Check the City of Revelstoke website or the Town of Golden website for more.
If you have general questions related to emergency preparedness or evacuation plans, please use online resources as much as possible to try and answer your questions − before making a telephone call. This way, our Shuswap Emergency Program resources can be focused on the direct emergency response efforts as much as possible.
Here are some great sites for reliable information:
Emergency preparedness – www.preparedbc.ca
What to do if you are under an evacuation or alert? Read this article.
EmergencyInfoBC for updates.
Road conditions - DriveBC
Please share this information with those who may not be online.