Upgrades to TELUS landline service in the Salmon Arm area on June 10 means residents will be without telephone service, including access to 911, for approximately four hours overnight.
Service on Thursday, June 10, 2021 is scheduled to be interrupted between 1:00 AM and 5:00 AM Pacific Time.
This affects all landline services in the Salmon Arm area with an area code of (250) and local exchange numbers 832, 833, 803 and 804. No inbound or outbound calls will be able to be made during this time.
During the outage, residents affected by the service interruption will NOT be able to:
- Call 911 from their landline,
- Make or receive any telephone calls using their landline,
- Make or receive calls for any local emergency services telephone number, including police, fire or ambulance,
- Use their cell phones to call any local emergency services telephone number with the exchanges 832, 833, 803 and 804.
Cell phone service, including TELUS Mobility Cellular, will remain available to residents whose service has been disrupted during the hours listed above.
During the outage, residents affected by the service interruption will be able to:
- Call 911 from their cell phone,
- Make or receive calls from any cellular service inside or outside the service interruption area.
The Shuswap Emergency Program wants to make residents aware of the outage. Residents should ensure they make any preparations that may be required to ensure safe communications access during the temporary disruption of service in the early morning hours of June 10, 2021.
Citizens requiring further details on this advisory are asked to please email TELUS National Change Management at Releases@TELUS.com or call 1-800-516-3777.