The Golden On Deck interactive survey was a tremendous success, with a total of 1,118 completed surveys and 20,420 page views on the goldenondeck.ca website during that time.
The Columbia Shuswap Regional District and the On Deck Advisory Committee thank everyone who filled out the survey and had the chance to build their vision of what an aquatic centre in Golden could be.
The survey results are now compiled and trends emerged. From there, a preferred option for the possible development of a new indoor aquatic facility in Electoral Area A and the Town of Golden has been recommended.
It includes the development of:
- a six-lane lap and leisure pool;
- a hot tub;
- steam and sauna rooms;
- a multipurpose room;
- a design that would accommodate the possible addition of a gymnasium at a future phase.
The recommendation is based on the data collected through community engagement and the interactive survey.
- A total of 81 per cent of respondents supported the option of having both a six-lane lap pool and a leisure pool in the facility;
- A hot tub was the most popular pick for an additional feature.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created some delays and may continue to require some flexibility as we move ahead. With the results of the public survey and a preferred scheme established, the project team will continue to develop a high-level concept design and final report. This work will include:
- Site analysis;
- Conceptual floorplan, massing and engineering analysis;
- Refined project cost estimate;
- Identification of possible sponsorship and grants.
Once complete, a brochure will be developed to share the information with the community.
If you have questions or comments regarding the results of the interactive survey, please call 1.250.833.5938 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org