A CSRD Building Regulation Inspection Service has existed in the communities of Lee Creek, Scotch Creek, Celista, Magna Bay, Anglemont and St. Ives since 2001.
Starting March 5, 2018 the number of building inspections in these communities will increase from three to six:
1. Footing construction
3. Under slab plumbing rough-in
4. Framing construction
5. Insulation and vapour barrier and air barrier
6. Final inspection
Most new building construction, renovation, addition, or demolition requires that:
- the property owner submit a complete building permit application to the CSRD;
- the CSRD issue a building permit prior to construction beginning; and,
- the CSRD Building Inspector complete six inspections during construction and prior to the granting of building occupancy.
For more information please contact the CSRD Building Department at: