The Columbia Shuswap Regional District generally holds Board meetings on the third Thursday of each month, beginning at 9:30 AM unless otherwise noted.
The Board approved the 2022 Board and Committee Meeting schedule, which can be viewed here.
Committee and Commission meeting dates are scheduled as required and are held in locations throughout the Regional District.
Check the CSRD Calendar for regularly scheduled Board meetings and Committee/Commission meetings, etc. This schedule is subject to change so please confirm the time and location prior to arrival.
The public is encouraged to attend and observe Regional District and Committee/Commission meetings. Please be advised there are COVID-19 restrictions in place, which may mean restrictions on in-person attendance at these meetings. The CSRD is providing electronic access for citizens to access these meetings via the Zoom platform. See more here.
Meeting agendas are posted on the Regional District website by the Friday prior to the meeting date.
Public Question Period
At each CSRD Regular Board Meeting there will be a scheduled Public Question period of no more than 15 minutes in duration.
Each person in attendance can ask up to two questions per meeting, with a three-minute time limit for each question. Those asking questions will need to provide their name and address for the recording secretary. Questions will be received from those in attendance at the Boardroom and those participating online. Those viewing online can use the "Raise Hand" feature on Zoom to be put on the speaking list. There is information on public participation available.
Questions must pertain to business items on the day's Board Meeting agenda, but will exclude land use and development applications. This exclusion is based on requirements in the Local Government Act and the CSRD's Development Services Procedures Bylaw.
Here's the complete Public Question Period Guidelines.
Guidelines for Delegations and Petitioners to the CSRD Board
- Choose a meeting date well in advance as presentation times are limited and often fill up quickly.
- Complete the online delegation request form and submit your application well in advance. The delegation request must include your name and contact information, the subject matter and listing the names and titles of spokespersons. The application and background material must be received by our office by Noon on the Monday one week prior to the Board meeting date, so it can be included in the electronic agenda.
- Once your request is received by our office, you will be contacted to confirm a mutually-convenient time to appear before the Board and to discuss your audio / visual equipment requirements.
- If you are unable to include the background material with your application, you are required to bring copies to handout at the meeting, or in the case of a power-point presentation, please provide through electronic media.
- Each delegation or petitioner is allotted a maximum of fifteen minutes for their presentation.