When it comes to choosing her favourite place in the Columbia Shuswap Regional District, longtime CSRD Electoral Area E Director Rhona Martin said she cannot make just one choice.
"The moment I am there is my favourite spot for that moment. We have so many beautiful places to stop and take the time to reflect. We are truly blessed."
In addition to her 29 years on the CSRD Board, Martin also operates a family restaurant in Malakwa. Her business is a strong link to her community, and she enjoys her interactions with customers, even discussing her biography with them.
"One response describing me is: 'lefty but not nuts,'" she says with a laugh.
Martin counts five children, 17 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren on her family tree, and her roots go deep into the area.
"I love the people in my electoral area. I love their diversity and the way they have pride in their homes and family. I love that they are passionate about whatever it is that they do for employment and recreation and their caring in their own way for their neighbours and their community."
Rhona Martin is the director for the rural Sicamous (Swansea Point, Malakwa). She serves as Vice-Chair of the CSRD Board, as well as Chair of the North Okanagan Columbia Shuswap Regional Hospital District Board.
- Electoral Area Directors Committee
- Fraser Basin Council
- Fraser Basin Council - Thompson Regional Committee
- Milfoil Control Planning Committee
- Municipal Finance Authority
- Municipal Insurance Association of BC (MIABC)
- North Okanagan/Columbia Shuswap Regional Hospital District
- Parcel Tax Review Committee
- Shuswap Economic Development Commission
- Shuswap Regional Airport Commission
- Shuswap Tourism Committee
- Shuswap Watershed Council
- Sicamous-to-Armstrong Rail Trail Corridor Interjurisdictional Governance Advisory Committee
- Southern Interior Development Initiative Trust (SIDIT)