Columbia Shuswap Regional District Electoral Area C Director Paul Demenok has come a long way from his first foray into politics.
As a university student in the 70s, Demenok earned a place on the student council after running on a weighty and effective platform focused on: "Better concerts… Man!"
After being elected in 2012 as Electoral Area C Director, Demenok came out of a restful and enjoyable retirement from medical education and advertising to join the political arena in the growing area of the South Shuswap.
He says he's known for being creative, innovative, a communicator – not to mention a high handicapper. Demenok's also known for a love of family, music, travel, sports, reading and concerts. But if he had to pick one place in the South Shuswap to be, then put him out on the waters of Shuswap Lake.
"The South Shuswap is naturally beautiful and a great place to live, work, play and enjoy life."
Paul Demenok is the director for the South Shuswap (includes Blind Bay, Carlin, Eagle Bay, Kault Hill, Notch Hill, Sorrento, Shuswap Lake Estates, Skimikin, Sunnybrae and White Lake).
- Electoral Area Directors Committee
- Milfoil Control Planning Committee
- North Okanagan/Columbia Shuswap Regional Hospital District
- Okanagan Regional Library Board (Alternate)
- Parcel Tax Review Committee
- Shuswap Economic Development Commission
- Shuswap Regional Airport Commission
- Shuswap Tourism Committee
- Shuswap Watershed Council
- Sicamous-to-Armstrong Rail Trail Corridor Interjurisdictional Governance Advisory Committee