I don't live in the jurisdiction, but I own property. Can I vote?

If you are a resident of British Columbia, own property in the electoral area and are otherwise qualified, you may be able to vote as a non-resident property elector. If you own the property with other non-resident electors, only one of you can vote. You must have the written consent of the other owners to cast the ballot. Voters can use the Non-Resident Property Elector Consent Form to collect the applicable signatures before arriving at the polls. 

 If you own property along with a corporation, then none of the owners of the property are eligible to vote. If you own more than one piece of property in the proposed electoral area, you may only vote in relation to one.

Out-of-province property owners are not eligible to vote in BC elections.

Show All Answers

1. When is General Voting Day?
2. How do I cast my ballot?
3. I'm not going to be available on Election Day. Can I vote in advance?
4. Who can I ask if I have questions about the election process?
5. Do I have to register in advance of General Voting Day?
6. Do I need identification in order to vote?
7. What forms of ID are acceptable?
8. I am a member of a First Nation, living on reserve. Can I vote in a local government election?
9. I moved here two weeks before General Voting Day. Can I vote?
10. I am not a Canadian Citizen. Can I vote?
11. Can I vote by mail?
12. Can I vote through the Internet or by telephone?
13. I own more than one property, do I get an extra vote?
14. I don't live in the jurisdiction, but I own property. Can I vote?
15. Can I take someone into the voting booth to help me?
16. Where can I find information on election results?