As shown in the Administration Services Sheet, an estimated 7.0 FTE (full-time equivalent) administration positions would be required by the new municipality. These positions would likely include:
- a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- a Deputy Corporate Administrator (i.e., Municipal Clerk)
- a Municipal Treasurer (CFO)
- two staff in Finance to handle payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other Finance functions
- two staff in Administration to assist with minute taking, human resources, Council agendas, support for the CAO and Council, reception, correspondence, and other administrative functions.
Salaries for these positions would be set to be comparable to other small municipalities and similar positions at the CSRD. By way of example, the published 2020 salary for the CAO position in Sicamous is $141,000; for the CFO is $119,000; for the Deputy, Treasurer is $88,000. Support staff salaries would be substantially lower.
It is estimated that the municipality would require a total of 15.0 FTE overall, for Administration and all other functions.