Can I opt out of the incorporation study area?

Changes to the study area boundary that are made to exclude certain properties will not be considered until the impact analysis has been completed. At that time, property owners may make their views known to the Committee.

The Committee will need to consider all requests carefully in view of the results of the analysis and will need to determine if special circumstances exist. If the Committee supports an opt-out request, the Committee must recommend a boundary change to the Ministry. The Ministry makes all decisions related to boundaries.

Show All Answers

1. Why is the incorporation study being undertaken?
2. How did we get to this point?
3. How was the boundary chosen for the incorporation study area?
4. Why does the study area include some agricultural properties?
5. Can the study area boundary be changed?
6. Can I opt out of the incorporation study area?
7. Who will decide if a new municipality should be created?
8. What is the role of the Incorporation Study Committee?
9. What would incorporation cost taxpayers?
10. What opportunities will residents, community groups, and stakeholders have to review information and ask questions?
11. What would happen to residents who live outside of the study area in the event of an incorporation?
12. Would a new municipality have ongoing obligations to the CSRD?
13. If there are concerns about governance, can the CSRD address them by adding a second Electoral Area Director to the current Area C?
14. If we incorporate, what will happen to our fire department or other services?
15. What would be the name of the new municipality?
16. What would incorporation mean for garbage collection?