Thursday, July 22, 2021
Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District at the Shuswap Emergency Program's Emergency Operations Centre due to an immediate danger to life safety caused by a wildfire burning near Seymour Arm in Electoral Area F. The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
- All residences within the community of Seymour Arm that are in the neighbourhood of Tranquility Bay.
- All properties east of Seymour Arm Bay Road and Seymour River Road at Bughouse Bay and including Tipman Road and Bradley Road and the boat-in only properties.
View the July 22 2021 Evacuation Order Seymour Arm Evacuation Order and Map (PDF).
You Must Leave the Area Immediately
What You Should Do:
- There is limited commercial lodging available at this time. If your property is your primary residence and you cannot stay with family or friends, please report to the Reception Centre at the Lakeview Community Centre, 7703 Squilax-Anglemont Road, Anglemont, to register.
- Residents can assist the registration process by self-registering with Emergency Support Services online. You can also search this on Google using the term BC Evacuation Registration and Assistance. When registering, please indicate your community as Seymour Arm.
- If you need assistance with transportation from the area, please call 250-833-3350.
- Close and lock all windows and doors. Shut off gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Gather your family. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys and grab-and-go bag) only if they are immediately available.
- Do not use more vehicles than needed. If time permits, check with neighbours and assist those with special needs.
- Regularly monitor the CSRD website, the Shuswap Emergency Program's (SEP) webpage, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms or local news sources for up-to-date and accurate information.
For update on wildfire information, see the BC Wildfire Service.
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre