Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an EVACUATION ORDER has been issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) at the Shuswap Emergency Program’s Emergency Operations Centre. A wildfire burning near Sorrento in the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) is causing an immediate danger to life, health and property in Electoral Area G of the CSRD. The EVACUATION ORDER is in effect for the following area:
- 591 – 622 Elson Road,
- 998, 1060, 1063 Fredrickson Road,
- Those parts of the following properties that lie south of the CP Railway:
- 3013, 3017 Des Fosses Road,
- 643 Elson Road,
- 1138, 1214 Fredrickson Road
Please see map below.
You may also refer to the CSRD's Emergency Mapping Dashboard if you need more information about how your property is affected.
Please note: This Evacuation Order is a follow up to a tactical evacuation which took place overnight on August 29, 2023. There WILL NOT be an Alertable notification message sent out with this alert, as the affected residents have already been notified of the Evacuation ORDER.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Please ensure you read this entire document.
- Please proceed to Reception Center Salmon Arm Seniors Centre, located at 170 – 5 Avenue SE, Salmon Arm.
- If you need assistance with transportation from the area, call 250-833-3350.
- Close and lock all windows and doors. Shut off gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Gather your family. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys and grab-and-go bag) only if they are immediately available.
- Do not use more vehicles than needed. If time permits, check with neighbours and assist those with special needs.
Regularly monitor the CSRD website, www.csrd.bc.ca, the Shuswap Emergency Program’s (SEP) webpage at www.shuswapemergency.ca, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms or local news sources for up-to-date and accurate information. Sign up for Alertable, our emergency mass notification system, at www.csrd.bc.ca/alertable
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre