The Columbia Shuswap Regional District would like to give a massive thank you to the fire fighters and volunteers working tirelessly throughout this difficult time.
Update from the Columbia Shuswap Regional District, Aug 20 2023 at 10:00am:
- Last night The Lower East Adams Lake (previously K21620) and the Bush Creek East (K21633) wildfires merged and will be referred to as the Bush Creek East (K21633) fire going forward. There has been less than half a mile of visibility all day yesterday over most of the Adams Lake area, today the CSRD’s primary focus will be situational awareness.
- To find out if you’re under an Evacuation Alert or Order; the CSRD dashboard provides a map function where you can type in your address and see your status, please use this resource: https://www.csrd.bc.ca/206/Shuswap-Emergency-Program
- There are 80 firefighters from Scotch Creek, Celista, and Anglemont addressing fires and hot spots.
- Emergency Support Services (ESS): If you self pre-registered online you still can not get access without going into the ESS to register. Evacuees can contact the ESS for more information at 250-833-3360.
- If you are evacuated and need help with livestock or can host livestock, please use the Agricultural Line at the Emergency Operations Centre: 250-833-3399 during operation hours.
- If you need Evacuation Information Please Call the Emergency Operations Centre at 250-833-3350.
Hanoi 36 Restaurant in Salmon Arm, located at 141 Hudson Ave NE, is offering a free lunch today to those evacuated on August 20, from noon until 3pm.
We will be updating again later today. Please try to stay informed through the BC Wildfire Dashboard, CSRD and Shuswap Emergency Program website and social media.