WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- If you need assistance with transportation from the area, call 250-833-3350.
- Leave the area immediately. Evacuees must take the Trans Canada Highway to Kamloops.
- Evacuees from North Shuswap Electoral Area F should register with the Kamloops Emergency Support Services (ESS) at the McArthur Island Park Sports Centre 1655 Island Pkwy, Kamloops, BC.
- If you are not in the area, avoid the area.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Shut off gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Gather your family. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
- Do not use more vehicles than needed.
- Take your 72-hour kit and any critical items (medicine, purse, wallet and keys) only.
- Listen to local news stations for information and watch for further updates.
- Follow the directions of local authorities.
- Do not call 911 for information or updates.
Regularly monitor the CSRD website, www.csrd.bc.ca, the Shuswap Emergency Program’s (SEP) webpage at www.shuswapemergency.ca, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms or local news sources for up-to-date and accurate information. Sign up for Alertable, our emergency mass notification system, at www.csrd.bc.ca/alertable
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre