Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an EVACUATION ORDER has been issued by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) at the Shuswap Emergency Program’s Emergency Operations Centre.
A wildfire burning near Lower East Adams Lake and east of the Adams River in the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) is causing an immediate danger to life, health and property in Electoral Area F of the CSRD. The EVACUATION ORDER is in effect for the following area:
4001 to 4596 Meadow Creek Road
UPPER MEADOW CREEK (CELISTA)
CSRD ELECTORAL AREA F
The above addresses are the ONLY area on Evacuation Order. The remainder of Meadow Creek Road, and the communities of Lee Creek and Scotch Creek remain on Evacuation ALERT.
View map of Evacuation Order Area
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Please ensure you read this document.
- If you need assistance with transportation from the area, call 250-833-3350.
- Close and lock all windows and doors. Shut off gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Gather your family. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys and grab-and-go bag) only if they are immediately available.
- Do not use more vehicles than needed. If time permits, check with neighbours and assist those with special needs.
Regularly monitor the CSRD website, www.csrd.bc.ca, the Shuswap Emergency Program’s (SEP) webpage at www.shuswapemergency.ca, the Shuswap Emergency on Facebook and Twitter, the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter platforms or local news sources for up-to-date and accurate information. Sign up for Alertable, our emergency mass notification system, at www.csrd.bc.ca/alertable
For more information, contact:
CSRD Emergency Operations Centre