The BC Wildfire Service is reporting that conditions on the Lower East Adams Lake Wildfire have not shifted significantly in the past 48 hours.
All Evacuation Orders and Alerts remain in place. As there continues to be active fires in the area, the status of these Orders and Alerts is being evaluated daily.
- The Emergency Support Services Reception Centre is currently operating from 9 AM to 4 PM at the CSRD Office, located at 555 Harbourfront Drive NE, Salmon Arm.
- Some rainfall was recorded in the area and temperatures remain cooler today. This will help reduce fire behaviour on the surface. It will, however, have minimal impact on fire fuel conditions in the deeper, dry layers. Fires also burn in tree root systems underground.
- Heavy equipment continues guard construction on the south flank of the fire. This is designed to reduce fire movement towards the communities of the North Shuswap.
- A BC Wildfire unit crew is preparing to conduct planned ignitions on the south flank following the equipment line.
- BCWS and BC Hydro continue to work on plans for the restoration of power to the evacuated areas.
Photo: Emergency Support Services volunteer Judith fills out paperwork for evacuees from the Lower East Adams Lake Wildfire. The Shuswap Emergency Program greatly appreciates the work of all its volunteers, many of whom have put in very long hours helping set up the evacuees with supports like food and lodging. (CSRD photo)