The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) has alerted the Shuswap Emergency Program to a new fire start at the Annis Forest Service Road across Mara Lake from Swansea Point. The fire is spot-sized, mapped at 0.3 hectares.
• Two BCWS Initial Attack crews have responded with nine firefighters.
• Two helicopters are currently bucketing water into the blaze.
• Fire retardant has been applied to the area by air support.
• Crews will remain on-site overnight, but significant fire growth is not expected.
• The cause of the fire is under investigation.
A fire reported yesterday above Evelyn Falls in Electoral Area F (North Shuswap) is now listed as under control by the BCWS.
Fire information can be found on the BC Wildfire Service website.