Sunday, February 28, 2021
Here is the current status of the CSRD outdoor ice rinks:
|Rink Location||Operating Status|
5051 Meadow Creek Road
Silver Creek Community Park
1577 Salmon River Road
|Closed (Due to well water issues at the park, the rink is not able to open for the 2021 skating season.)|
Sorrento-Blind Bay Community Park
2670 Davidson Road
Parson Community Park
3612 Hwy 95
* The operation of the rinks is dependent on weather and safety conditions, so rinks may be closed without advance notice. Regular maintenance on rinks generally takes place between 7 am and 10 am, so skating may be temporarily interrupted during those times.
Due to the Provincial Health Officer's requirements, there will be changes to the operation of these public rinks this season:
- Changing rooms and warming rooms at Parson and Farrell's Field will be closed;
- No campfires are permitted;
- Each rink is limited to 40 skaters on the ice at one time;
- There is to be no sharing of equipment such as hockey sticks or skate aids;
- Social distancing from others not within your own household should be maintained;
- Before use, stop and do a self-check. If you are experiencing symptoms such as cough, fever, or difficulty breathing, you are not permitted to use the facility;
- Organized adult groups or events will not be permitted as per the Provincial Health Officer's order regarding events and gatherings.
The CSRD asks patrons to respect the rules in order that these public amenities can be used and enjoyed this winter season.
Information on rink operations will also be available on the CSRD's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds.