Cannabis-Related Businesses

Cannabis facility in ColoradoThe CSRD has a voice when it comes to cannabis production and sales in the region.

The process of issuing licenses for both cannabis production and retail sales is under the authority of the provincial and federal government. But local governments, like the CSRD, have been given the chance to provide recommendations to the BC Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch on proposed retail sales license applications and feedback to Health Canada on production facility applications.

The CSRD has adopted a Cannabis Policy (PDF) and Cannabis Procedure (PDF) to deal with Cannabis-Related Businesses in the areas of the CSRD which are located outside municipal boundaries, First Nations Reserves and National Parks.

Anyone interested in developing a Cannabis-Related Business is encouraged to contact the CSRD before making any final site selection decisions, as applications are considered on a site-by-site basis. A pre-application meeting can be scheduled anytime by emailing staff or by calling 250-832-8194.

Who to Contact with Questions

Liquor & Cannabis Regulation Branch

Questions or concerns regarding Retail Cannabis Sales can be addressed to the Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch (LRCB):
Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch
Toll Free: 866-209-2111 or 250-952-5785
Email LRCB

Health Canada

Questions or concerns regarding proposed or existing Cannabis Production Facilities (CPF) under the ACMPR, or Bill C-45 can be addressed to Health Canada as follows:
Office of Controlled Substances, Health Canada
Email Health Canada
Phone: 866-337-7705
Health Canada Cannabis License Page

Agricultural Land Commission (ALC)

Questions or concerns related to cannabis production in the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) can be addressed to the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC):
Provincial Agricultural Land Commission
Email Agricultural Land Commission
Phone: 800-663-7867
Agricultural Land Commission Website

View information on Cannabis production in the ALR (PDF).