Houses Next to WaterSubdivision Servicing Bylaw Number 680 applies to all Electoral Areas within the Columbia Shuswap Regional District. If you are applying for a subdivision, this bylaw applies to you.


You must apply to both the CSRD and Ministry of Transportation for subdivision. View the Development Application Forms and Guides page.

The CSRD has a guide to assist applicants.

The cost of subdivision applications is set out in the Development Services Fee Schedule (PDF)


Subdivision within the electoral areas or non-municipal portions of the Regional District is approved by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure. The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure refers each application for subdivision to a variety of public agencies and ministries as well as the Regional District, for comment on such issues as septic disposal, heritage or archeological importance, flood potential, habitat conflict and local regulation.

The information below describes the role of the Regional District in the subdivision approval process. Go to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure's approval process for rural subdivisions, to learn about their process.

Bylaw Quick Links