Application Forms & Guides

Considering Development

If you are contemplating new development or re-development of an existing property, it is important to check the Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw for your area. Depending on the nature of your proposal there may be different approval processes that apply. If you are planning any of the following planning and development activities, please contact the Development Services Department to determine if your project requires an application or any other approvals prior to submitting your application:

  • Changing a use on the property
  • Constructing/renovating buildings and structures
  • Landscaping (i.e. planting, removing or altering vegetation; constructing retaining structures; and, creating hard surfaces such as landscaping tiles or pavement)
  • Installing structures on the foreshore (i.e. dock or private mooring buoy)
  • Installing works for flood protection

Online Mapping and Property Information

Columbia Shuswap Regional District MapSearch for properties, zoning and OCP information, create property reports and maps, and apply for a house number using the Online Mapping and Property Information tool. View the CSRD map.

Forms & Guides

Please note that there is one Development Application Form (PDF) for the following application types: 

  • Board of Variance (BOV)
  • Development Permit (DP) 
  • Development Variance Permit (DVP) 
  • Floodplain Exemption
  • Official Community Plan Amendment (OCP) Amendment
  • Temporary Use Permit (TUP)
  • Rezoning (you can apply for more than one application on the same form) 

Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR), Retail Cannabis Sales, and Subdivision, all have different application forms. All forms can be accessed through the tabs below.

The Provincial Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) is an independent Crown agency dedicated to protecting the scarce supply of agricultural land. Properties within the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) are subject to the rules and regulations of the Agricultural Land Commission Act. The ALR takes precedence over, but does not replace other legislation and bylaws that may apply to the land. 

If your property is within the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR), you may need to apply to the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) to:

  • Include land into the ALR
  • Exclude land from the ALR
  • Subdivide land within the ALR
  • Non-Farm Use on ALR land 

Check the map on the ALC website to see if you are within the ALR. Launch ALR Property and Map Finder.

Agricultural Land Reserve Application Links