Building Regulation & Inspection
Building Regulation and Inspection services are provided to:
- Electoral Area B (Rural Revelstoke),
- Electoral Area C (Eagle Bay, White Lake, Tappen, Sunnybrae)
- Electoral Area E (Rural Sicamous)
- the communities of Lee Creek, Scotch Creek, Celista, Magna Bay, Anglemont, and St. Ives in Electoral Area F (North Shuswap).
- Electoral Area G (Blind Bay, Notch Hill, Sorrento)
The service is administered in compliance with CSRD Building Regulation Bylaw Number 660-3. Six building inspections will be required to be completed by a CSRD Building Inspector during construction.
Other Electoral Areas do not have building regulation and inspection at this time. Planning regulations may apply in these areas. Use the Online Mapping to find your property and see what regulations apply.
If you live in an area with Building Regulation and Inspection services, you may not start any stage of a project, including demolition or excavation, until a building permit has been obtained.
A registered owner or agent for the owner may apply for the building permit. Only complete applications will be accepted for processing.
The CSRD does not issue the following permits:
- Electrical and or Gas Permits contact Technical Safety BC by calling 866-566-7233.
- Septic Field Information contact Interior Health by calling 250-833-4106.
Online versions of the BC Building, Plumbing and Fire Codes are now available free of charge. To access the BC Code documents, go to the BC Publications website.
Check out the Applications Forms & Guides page for the appropriate documents and some helpful resources.
Building Inspector Availability
Once you have a building permit, use this form to request a building inspection.
The owner must provide the Building Inspector a minimum of 48 hours notice requesting an inspection. Inspections are scheduled in the order that they are received.
The Building Department does their best to accommodate the date requested, however, it is not guaranteed.
Property owners can contact the Building Department in advance to answer any questions.