I Want To...
PO Box 978
781 Marine Park Dr NE
Salmon Arm, BC, V1E 4P1
Toll Free: 1-888-248-2773
After Hours Emergencies:
1. The Noxious Weed is identified and the landholder is issued a weed control notice detailing compliance and the control period as provided by the BC Weed Control Act.
2. The Noxious Weed infestation is re-inspected to determine compliance.
3. If control was satisfactory, there is no further action.
4. If control was unsatisfactory, the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries recommends control and a contractor is retained to complete the control at the landholder's expense.
5. If the landowner fails to pay the control expenses by December 31st of the year that the control is performed, the outstanding fee payable is added to the landholder's property taxes.
For more information on the Noxious Weed Control Control Program, please contact:
Hamish Kassa, Environmental Services Coordinator
Environment & Engineering Services Department
Direct Line: (250) 833-5942
Fax (250) 832-8165