All Solid Waste Refuse Disposal Sites (landfills and transfer stations) within the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) are operated by the CSRD. Landfill sites can be found in the CSRD municipalities of Salmon Arm, Sicamous, Revelstoke and Golden. Transfer Stations are located in Seymour Arm, Scotch Creek, Skimikin (Tappen), Glenemma, Falkland, Malakwa, Trout Lake and Parson.
Solid Waste Management includes landfill and transfer station operation, recycling programs, and waste reduction education. The program is administered on a region-wide basis within a series of waste sheds. Waste sheds are geographic areas where solid wastes are generated and are ultimately transferred and deposited into a CSRD landfill site. The Salmon Arm waste shed includes Salmon Arm and surrounding areas as well as the communities of Seymour Arm, Scotch Creek, Skimikin, Falkland and Glenemma. The Sicamous waste shed consists of the municipality of Sicamous and surrounding area. The Revelstoke waste shed includes the municipality of Revelstoke and outlying areas including Malakwa and Trout Lake. The Golden waste shed includes Golden and outlying areas including Parson.
- Annual Reports
- Backyard Composting
- Education, Outreach & Events
- Food Waste Collection
- Free Disposal Events
- Illegal Dumping
- Kickin' Compost Sales
- Landfill Sites
- Recycling Depots
- Recycling Programs
- Re-Use Centres
- Solid Waste & Recycling FAQs
- Solid Waste Management Plan Review
Programs offered and site operations are performed in accordance with:
- CSRD Solid Waste Management Plan;
- CSRD Landfill Sites Design and Operations Plans;
- Operating Certificates (issued by the Ministry of Environment);
- CSRD Bylaws and Policies; and
- Provincial legislative requirements and generally accepted principles and practices.