Notice of Temporary Use Permit - Electoral Area D

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

What is Temporary Use Permit No. 2500-03 (TUP2500-03)?

The subject property is located at 697 Salmon River Road in Silver Creek of Electoral Area D and is more particularly shown on the location map below:

The applicant is applying for a 3 year Temporary Use Permit (TUP) to allow a second single family dwelling (modular home) to be placed on the subject property in order to provide support to the parent of the applicant, who is the owner of the property.

How can I find out more about this permit application?
A copy of the proposed permit application and relevant background documents may be inspected at the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD), 555 Harbourfront Drive NE, Salmon Arm, BC between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, beginning Wednesday, February 5, 2020 and ending Thursday, February 20, 2020 (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Statutory holidays); or, contact the staff person listed below.

How do I send a written submission about this permit application?
Written submissions will be accepted at the CSRD until 4:00 PM on Tuesday, February 18, 2020. The Board of the CSRD considers the author's name and residential address relevant to the Board's consideration of this matter and should be included in your submission. The author's phone number and email address are not relevant to the Board’s consideration of this matter and should not be included in the written submission. Written submissions received by the CSRD are subject to public disclosure and a copy may be provided to the applicant. Please clearly write "TUP Submission – TUP2500-03" on your submission. Written submissions may be submitted to: or to the address above.

Where and when will the permit be considered for issuance?
At the CSRD, 555 Harbourfront Drive NE, Salmon Arm, BC, during the Regular Board Meeting commencing at9:30 AM on Thursday, February 20, 2020. The Board meeting is open for public attendance, however, there is no specific opportunity for the public to provide verbal or written submissions about this permit application at this meeting.

Who can I contact about this permit application?
Candice Benner, Planner II