CSRD Building Bylaw No. 660 was adopted by the CSRD Board of Directors February, 15, 2018. Starting March 5, 2018, Bylaw No. 660 implements a revised building regulation and inspection service in Electoral Area F (North Shuswap) for reasons of health, safety and protection of persons and property.
Starting March 5, 2018 most building permits issued in Electoral Area F in the communities of Lee Creek, Scotch Creek, Celista, Anglemont, Magna Bay and St. Ives will require six (6) inspections instead of the current three (3) during construction and prior to the granting of building occupancy:
1. Footing Construction (before concrete)
3. Underslab Plumbing Rough In
4. Framing Construction
5. Insulation and Vapour and Air Barrier
6. Final Inspection
Inspection numbers 1, 4 and 6 were previously required. Inspection numbers 2, 3 and 5 are new.
It is the goal of the CSRD to make the implementation of the three (3) new inspections in Electoral Area F as smooth as possible.
Property owners and members of the construction industry are encouraged to contact the CSRD Building Department to obtain information about the new building regulation and inspection service in Electoral Area F, including the following:
- uses, activities and types of construction permitted on a property;
- types of new construction, renovation, addition, or demolition that require a building permit;
- regulations of the BC Building Code;
- obligations of a property owner to receive a building permit;
- information required for a complete building permit application;
- building permit application and review process, including timing and costs;
- obligations of a property owner to follow the requirements of an issued building permit; and,
- the six building inspections to be conducted by a CSRD Building Inspector.
Staff in the CSRD Building Department can be contacted at: 1.888.248.2773 or 250.832.8194, or firstname.lastname@example.org.